Tilapia with Sauteed Spinach Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. Place egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder and paprika. Dip fillets in egg, then bread crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook fillets in 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spinach, pepper flakes, pepper and remaining salt. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Serve with fillets; sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 1/4 cup spinach and 1 tablespoon walnuts : 362 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Tilapia with Sauteed Spinach
"Fast, healthy, and delicious! A great recipe to make after work."
"Ohhh yes I would make this again!!!!"
"Everyone at my house loved it! It was fast to make and I liked that it took only 1 pan."
"This recipe has two things we are trying to eat more of fish and spinach. Great combination and very easy to prepare. I don't think it needed the walnuts...they didn't add anything to the dish."
"This was a good, solid recipe. Loved the spinach with it."
"This was very good. I used pecans instead of walnuts. I all used finely diced red/ yellow peppers instead of the red pepper flakes."
"I am just learning to eat fish and this recipe is so good! It isn't fishy at all."
"This was pretty good. Both the tilapia and the spinach were very flavorful!"
"This recipe was a keeper, EXCEPT for the walnuts. We didn't care for the added taste or texture. I served brown rice as an accompaniment. This recipe is a "keeper.""
"Very simple - flavor is very good!"