You'll love this delicious restaurant-quality meal fit for guests. Since it’s all cooked in the same skillet, cleanup won’t be chore at all. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Place egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder and paprika. Dip fillets in egg, then bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook fillets in 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spinach, pepper flakes, pepper and remaining salt. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Serve with fillets; sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tilapia with Sauteed Spinach in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p9
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tilapia with Sauteed Spinach
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review