Tilapia with Jasmine Rice Recipe
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, rice and butter to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 2. Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over fillets. Place salad dressing in a large skillet; cook over medium heat until heated through. Add fish; cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 fillet with 3/4 cup rice equals 356 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 743 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 3 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Tilapia with Jasmine Rice
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.