Tilapia with Jasmine Rice
“To die for,” is how Shirl Parsons of Cape Carteret, North Carolina describes this recipe for tender, full-flavored tilapia. Fragrant jasmine rice brings a special touch to the mouthwatering dish. And it gets better—each serving has only 5 grams of fat!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, rice and butter to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is
- absorbed and rice is tender.
- Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over fillets. Place salad dressing
- in a large skillet; cook over medium heat until heated through. Add
- fish; cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily
- with a fork. Serve with rice.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet with 3/4 cup rice equals 356 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 743 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,