- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- In a small saucepan, combine water, rice and butter; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix seasonings; sprinkle over tilapia. In a large skillet, heat salad dressing over medium heat until hot. Add fillets; cook until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 3-4 minutes per side. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tilapia with Jasmine Rice
"Absolutely delicious! I was skeptical until I tasted it. I used Zesty Italian dressing and Old Bay Seasoning. Will be fixing this one again and have even added to my Recipe Box."
"This was not my favorite, but my finicky 7 year old who only likes her fish fried ate it up! Worth making again just for her."
"Very tasty! I baked the tilapia and topped with a little bit of breadcrumbs instead of doing in the skillet and still turned out very yummy."
"This was easy and tasty too!"
"This dish is to die for..Shirl has made if for me personally and it was wonderful. Thanks Shirl Girl...Jan"
"This did not taste good at all. When the fish finally flaked, it was rubbery too."
"can't wait to try it."
"Excellent. The only change I made was to use Ken's Sundried Tomato salad Dressing becasue it is what I had on hand. Husband and Son loved it."
"this is grea6t i just used Old Bay for the seasoning and boil in bag rice made it really easy and fast. moved to the front of the old recipe box."