“To die for,” is how Shirl Parsons of Cape Carteret, North Carolina describes this recipe for tender, full-flavored tilapia. Fragrant jasmine rice brings a special touch to the mouthwatering dish. And it gets better—each serving has only 5 grams of fat!
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, rice and butter to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over fillets. Place salad dressing in a large skillet; cook over medium heat until heated through. Add fish; cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tilapia with Jasmine Rice in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p66
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tilapia with Jasmine Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review