Tilapia with Green Beans Amandine Recipe
Japanese bread crumbs give tilapia a light, crispy coating that doesn’t overpower the delicate fish. Lemony green beans are the ideal complement to this delightful entree. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Sprinkle fillets with salt. In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley and thyme. Dip fillets in egg, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook fillets in butter and 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, garlic and lemon juice until blended; set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute beans in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and pour over beans. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tilapia with Green Beans Amandine in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tilapia with Green Beans Amandine(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review