Tilapia with Grapefruit Salsa Recipe
- 1/3 cup unsweetened grapefruit juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon grated grapefruit peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped pink grapefruit sections
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1. For marinade, in a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Set aside 1 tablespoon. Place tilapia in a large resealable plastic bag; add remaining marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. For the salsa, in a small bowl, combine the beans, grapefruit sections, onion, cilantro, jalapeno and reserved marinade. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. In a small skillet over medium heat, cook tilapia in butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
1 fillet with 1/2 cup salsa equals 264 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 369 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.