Tilapia with Fiesta Rice
I often use my husband’s fresh-caught bass or catfish for this recipe, but tilapia, salmon and even chicken will do. —Tarin Hauck, Minneapolis, Kansas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) Minute® Ready to Serve Brown Rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- Place tilapia in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Mix chili powder, salt,
- cumin and pepper; sprinkle over fish. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 10-12
- minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Transfer to
- a microwave-safe bowl; stir in beans, corn and salsa. Microwave,
- covered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring
- once. Serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet with 3/4 cup rice mixture equals 424 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 874 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 41 g protein.