Tilapia with Cucumber Relish
In Wyandotte, Michigan, Mary VanHollebeke found a recipe that lures even landlubbers to her fish suppers. "I spotted this easy entree on a recipe card in my local fish market," she reports. "Although my husband isn't big on fish, he enjoys this mild-tasting tilapia." The relish adds garden-fresh flavor and pretty color to the lightly browned fillets.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped radishes
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small bowl, combine cucumber and radishes. In another small
- bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- and sugar. Pour over cucumber mixture; toss to coat evenly. Combine
- paprika and remaining salt and pepper; sprinkle over fillets.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, melt butter.
- Add fish; cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Serve with cucumber relish. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fish fillet with 3 tablespoons relish equals 181 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.