Tilapia with Cucumber Relish Recipe
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped radishes
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cucumber and radishes. In another small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and sugar. Pour over cucumber mixture; toss to coat evenly. Combine paprika and remaining salt and pepper; sprinkle over fillets.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, melt butter. Add fish; cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with cucumber relish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 181 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 32g protein Diabetic Exchanges:4 lean meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Tilapia with Cucumber Relish
"We seriously love this recipe! It's become my favorite way to prepare tilapia and it's so simple to make. Even my 5 and 2 year old boys love it!"
"We loved it! We made extra cucumberAnd radish with the vinegar and had it instead of rice."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.