- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 small lemon, sliced
- 1/2 medium lime, sliced
- 1/2 small navel orange, sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Dip fish in milk, then coat with flour mixture.
- Spray fillets with cooking spray. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook fish over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute garlic in butter and oil for 1 minute. Add the lemon, lime and orange slices, juices and onions; cook 1 minute longer. Serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tilapia with Citrus Sauce in Country Woman December/January 2012, p46
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tilapia with Citrus Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2012
very tasty will add more garlic next time