Tilapia Tostadas Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups angel hair coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, chili powder, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add tilapia fillets, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook fillets in butter for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, place tortillas on a baking sheet and spritz with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until crisp.
- 3. In a small bowl, toss the coleslaw mix, mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice and peel. Cut fish into large pieces. On each tortilla, layer coleslaw, black beans, fish and avocado. Yield: 4 servings.
2 tostadas equals 437 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 659 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 3 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.