I absolutely love fish tacos and wanted to create a slimmed-down recipe so I could enjoy them anytime I wanted. I never have any complaints when I serve these for dinner!&mdashJade Peterson, Portland, Oregon
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon green hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each), cut lengthwise in half
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) Southwestern black beans
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg, milk and pepper sauce. In another shallow bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, cumin and pepper. Dip tilapia in egg mixture, then in cornmeal mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Drizzle tops with oil. Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, place beans in a small saucepan; heat through over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Serve tilapia in tortillas; top with beans, tomatoes, cabbage, salsa verde and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tilapia Tacos in Taste of Home April/May 2013
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tilapia Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review