Looking for a way to get a little more heart-healthy fish into your family's weekly diet? You'll win them over hook, line and sinker with this quick and easy entree. Topped with fresh spinach and a splash of lime, it's sure to become a favorite!
Melanie Bachman - Ulysses, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic-herb seasoning blend
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook spinach in 4 teaspoons oil until
- wilted; drain. Meanwhile, place tilapia in a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish. Drizzle with lime juice and remaining oil. Sprinkle
- with seasoning blend.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese and spinach; spoon
- over fillets. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 249 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a