Tilapia & Veggies with Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1. In a large skillet, bring wine, water, lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil. Reduce heat; add tilapia. Poach, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Bring poaching liquid to a boil; cook until reduced to about 1/2 cup. Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute the yellow squash, zucchini and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt.
- 3. In a blender, combine the reduced liquid, roasted peppers and vinegar; cover and process until smooth. Serve with fish and vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 163 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 490mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.