- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet, bring wine, water, lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil. Reduce heat; add tilapia. Poach, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once. Remove and keep warm.
- Bring poaching liquid to a boil; cook until reduced to about 1/2 cup. Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute the yellow squash, zucchini, onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt.
- In a blender, combine the reduced liquid, roasted peppers and vinegar; cover and process until smooth. Serve with fish and vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tilapia & Veggies with Red Pepper Sauce in Country Woman December/January 2009, p29
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tilapia & Veggies with Red Pepper Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review