Tilapia & Veggies with Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
The look and taste of this impressive dish are delectably deceiving. Only the cook needs to know how quickly the saucy white fish and sauteed veggies come together. —Helen Conwell, Fairhope, Alabama
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet, bring wine, water, lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil. Reduce heat; add tilapia. Poach, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once. Remove and keep warm.
- Bring poaching liquid to a boil; cook until reduced to about 1/2 cup. Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute the yellow squash, zucchini, onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt.
- In a blender, combine the reduced liquid, roasted peppers and vinegar; cover and process until smooth. Serve with fish and vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tilapia & Veggies with Red Pepper Sauce in Country Woman December/January 2009, p29
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tilapia & Veggies with Red Pepper Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Condiments >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >