Tilapia & Lemon Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine 1/4 cup flour and salt. Dip fillets in flour mixture.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook fillets in 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Stir in remaining flour until smooth; gradually add the broth, wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley. Serve fish and sauce with rice; garnish with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 1/2 cup rice, 1 tablespoon almonds and 4 teaspoons sauce equals 334 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 586 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.