- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a shallow bowl, combine 1/4 cup flour and salt. Dip fillets in flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook fillets in 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Stir in remaining flour until smooth; gradually add the broth, wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley. Serve fish and sauce with rice; garnish with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tilapia & Lemon Sauce
Sort By :
This recipe was not only excellent tasting, it was so easy to prepare. My husband said he could eat this anytime! I made this on a Tuesday and since it is Lent, he may get it again on Friday!
Excellent! I used thyme in place of parsely, and used Kentucky Kernal Seasoned flour (doubled) and two cans of chicken broth. This is now my favorite fish dish!
Not usually a big fish person, but this recipe is great.The tilapia doesn't have a strong fishy taste. This recipe is a favorite of our family.
Very easy and good! I doubled the lemon juice and didn't even bother with the almonds or parsley. My 6 year old even loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >