Tijuana Tidbits Recipe
Tortilla chips, chili powder and cayenne pepper lend to the Mexican flavor of this snack mix, while corn syrup and brown sugar add a bit of sweetness. I like to package it in holiday tins to give as gifts.—Beverly Phillips, Duncanville, Texas
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 4 cups bite-size tortilla chips
- 3 cups Crispix
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large greased roasting pan, combine the popcorn, tortilla chips, cereal and nuts.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Cool on waxed paper. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-3/4 quarts.
1 cup equals 274 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC