Tijuana Tidbits Recipe
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 4 cups bite-size tortilla chips
- 3 cups Crispix
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large greased roasting pan, combine the popcorn, tortilla chips, cereal and nuts.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Cool on waxed paper. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-3/4 quarts.
1 cup: 274 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Tijuana Tidbits
"Great change from traditional snack mix. Biggest problem I had was my roasting pan wasn't large enough to stir it."