Tortilla chips, chili powder and cayenne pepper lend to the Mexican flavor of this snack mix, while corn syrup and brown sugar add a bit of sweetness. I like to package it in holiday tins to give as gifts.—Beverly Phillips, Duncanville, Texas
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 4 cups bite-size tortilla chips
- 3 cups Crispix
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large greased roasting pan, combine the popcorn, tortilla chips, cereal and nuts.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Cool on waxed paper. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-3/4 quarts.
Originally published as Tijuana Tidbits in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p78
Reviews for Tijuana Tidbits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2011
"Great change from traditional snack mix. Biggest problem I had was my roasting pan wasn't large enough to stir it."