This mouthful is delightful and so cute in mini-ramekins. Creamy vanilla is comforting with a strong Irish Cream accent. I suggest garnishing with whipped cream.—Tiffany Rampey, Chicago, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 5-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons Irish cream liqueur or refrigerated nondairy creamer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coarse sugar and orange curls, optional
- In a small saucepan, heat cream over medium heat until bubbles form
- around sides of pan. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar.
- Remove from the heat; stir a small amount of hot cream into egg yolk
- mixture. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Stir in liqueur
- and vanilla.
- Transfer to four stoneware demitasse cups or 2-oz. ramekins. Place
- cups in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until centers are just
- set (mixture will jiggle). Remove cups from water bath; cool for 10
- minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Garnish with
- coarse sugar and orange curls if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 208 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 157 mg cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein.