Tiered Cheese Slices Recipe
I can't tell you how many times I've made this recipe or been asked to share it! Guests always think I fussed, but the simple ingredients go together in minutes using pre-sliced cheese. For busy holiday hostesses, it's a do-ahead delight.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) deli-style cheddar cheese slices (about 3 inches square)
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, hot pepper sauce and salt. Stir in pecans and cranberries.
- 2. On a 12-in. square of aluminum foil, place two slices of cheese side by side; spread with 2-3 tablespoons cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers six times. Top with two cheese slices. (Save remaining cheese slices for another use.)
- 3. Fold foil around cheese and seal tightly. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cut in half lengthwise and then widthwise into 1/4-in. slices. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 83 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC