I can't tell you how many times I've made this recipe or been asked to share it! Guests always think I fussed, but the simple ingredients go together in minutes using pre-sliced cheese. For busy holiday hostesses, it's a do-ahead delight.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) deli-style cheddar cheese slices (about 3 inches square)
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, hot pepper sauce and salt. Stir in pecans and cranberries.
- On a 12-in. square of aluminum foil, place two slices of cheese side by side; spread with 2-3 tablespoons cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers six times. Top with two cheese slices. (Save remaining cheese slices for another use.)
- Fold foil around cheese and seal tightly. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cut in half lengthwise and then widthwise into 1/4-in. slices. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Tiered Cheese Slices in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p32
Reviews for Tiered Cheese Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review