Tie-Dyed Kite Cookies Recipe
Our Test Kitchen bakers had their heads in the clouds when they crafted these crispy cookies! They "tie-dyed" refrigerated dough with food coloring and turned red licorice ropes into kite tails.
- 1/2 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1 to 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pink, green and blue gel food coloring
- 24 to 28 pieces multi-colored pull-and-peel licorice (9-1/2 inches each)
- 48 to 56 Life Savers candies
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, knead cookie dough and flour until combined (dough will be stiff). Press into a 5-in. circle. Top with one dot of each color food coloring; knead 5-10 times or until colors just begin to swirl.
- 2. Roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut out with a floured 3-in. diamond-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 3. Turn cookies bottom side up. For each cookie, lace one piece of licorice through one Life Saver; loop the licorice through the Life Saver again to hold the candy in place. Repeat with second Life Saver. Attach kite tails to the back of each cookie with frosting. Let stand until set. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 each: 151 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (18g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Tie-Dyed Kite Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC