Tie-Dyed Easter Eggs
These brightly colored eggs are so pretty they're sure to be noticed no matter where you hide them.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 12 cheesecloth squares (about 8 inches)
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- Liquid food coloring
- Dry the eggs. Dampen cheesecloth with vinegar; wrap a square around
- each egg, gathering edges together and securing with a rubber band
- or string.
- Holding tied end, squeeze drops of food colorings in random patterns
- on wrapped eggs. Repeat with other colors. Unwrap carefully; place
- in an egg carton to dry completely. Refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Note: Cheesecloth is available in the housewares section of most grocery stores. Cotton cloth or paper towels may be substituted for the cheesecloth.