Tie-Dyed Cupcakes Recipe
Take a trip back to the sixties with these sweetly psychedelic cupcakes. Each is a simple white cake, but tinting the batter all the colors of the rainbow makes them funky and fun!— Gwyndolyn Wilkerson, Kyle, Texas
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) lemon-lime soda
- Neon food coloring
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Colored sprinkles
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix and soda. Beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 1 minute. Divide batter among five bowls. Add a few drops of food coloring to each bowl; stir just until combined.
- 2. Drop a spoonful of one color of batter into each of 18 paper-lined muffin cups. Layer with remaining colored batter until muffin cups are two-thirds full.
- 3. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Frost tops and decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 235 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Tie-Dyed Cupcakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC