Thyme Vinaigrette Salad
"A couple from France gave us this recipe years ago when they were guests in our home," relates Jackie Heyer of Cushing, Iowa. "The dressing is the real French dressing—made with oil, vinegar, lemon juice and herbs—not the creamy tomato-based type we're accustomed to. The thyme flavor is wonderful on any combination of greens and vegetables," she adds.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Torn salad greens, sliced cucumbers and chopped sweet red and yellow peppers or vegetables of your choice
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, lemon
- juice, thyme, salt and pepper; shake well. Serve with salad. Store
- in the refrigerator; shake before serving. Yield: about 1 cup
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 161 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.