Thyme Vinaigrette Salad Recipe
"A couple from France gave us this recipe years ago when they were guests in our home," relates Jackie Heyer of Cushing, Iowa. "The dressing is the real French dressing—made with oil, vinegar, lemon juice and herbs—not the creamy tomato-based type we're accustomed to. The thyme flavor is wonderful on any combination of greens and vegetables," she adds.
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Torn salad greens, sliced cucumbers and chopped sweet red and yellow peppers or vegetables of your choice
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper; shake well. Serve with salad. Store in the refrigerator; shake before serving. Yield: about 1 cup dressing.
2 tablespoon: 161 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, trace carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Thyme Vinaigrette Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC