Thyme-Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed (about 9 cups)
- 3 cups sliced sweet onions (about 1-1/2 large)
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine vegetables. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 45-50 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 151 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Thyme-Roasted Vegetables
"Amazing! So easy! Great without onions.~ Theresa"
"I love the combination of butter and olive oil. I keep fresh thyme in a container year round so I can have fresh herbs for this kind of recipe. To add more flavor split the amount of potatoes with even amounts of sweet potatoes and butternut squash. Much more robust. Plus, all the veges can be prepped the day ahead so you can throw this in the oven when you get home from work and have a great winter warm meal."