Thyme-Roasted Vegetables Recipe
The smell of our house as this is baking calls everyone to dinner. Normally, it serves eight, but my husband's been known to have more than just one serving at a time. It's that good..—Jasmine Rose, Crystal Lake, Illinois
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed (about 9 cups)
- 3 cups sliced sweet onions (about 1-1/2 large)
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine vegetables. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 45-50 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 151 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC