The smell of our house as this is baking calls everyone to dinner. Normally, it serves eight, but my husband's been known to have more than just one serving at a time. It's that good..—Jasmine Rose, Crystal Lake, Illinois
10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed (about 9 cups)
- 3 cups sliced sweet onions (about 1-1/2 large)
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine vegetables. Add
- remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 45-50 minutes or until
- tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 151 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.