Thyme Roasted Turkey Recipe
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 turkey (12 to 14 pounds)
- 1. In a small bowl, mix the butter, thyme, salt and pepper. Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from turkey breast; rub half of the butter mixture under the skin. Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks. Rub outside of turkey with remaining butter mixture. Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3 to 3-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.
- 3. Discard toothpicks. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes before carving. Yield: 12 servings.
8 ounces cooked turkey: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Thyme Roasted Turkey
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer