Cutting the carrots lengthwise makes this dish look extra pretty. For even more elegance, garnish with sprigs of fresh thyme or parsley. —Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 pounds medium carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°. Divide carrots between two greased
- 15x10x1-in. baking pans. In a small bowl, mix thyme, oil, honey and
- salt; brush over carrots. Roast 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Yield: about 12 servings (2 carrot halves each).
Nutritional Facts: 2 carrot halves equals 73 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.