Thyme-Lime Chicken Recipe
This recipe cleverly combines thyme and lime juice in a fresh-tasting basting sauce. You can also grill the chicken when weather permits.—Marge Clark, West Lebanon, Indiana
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds), skin removed
- 1. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter with olive oil; add the lime juice, thyme, lime peel, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 2. Place chicken on a greased broiler pan. Brush with sauce. Broil 6-7 in. from heat for 15-20 minutes on each side or until the chicken juices run clear, basting frequently. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Thyme-Lime Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC