Thyme Lemon Sirloins
We love to serve steaks when friends drop by...and have found that the tangy lemon herb rub in this recipe really livens up the taste buds.Suzanne Whitaker, Knoxville, Tennessee
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 boneless beef top sirloin steaks (about 2 pounds and 1 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon peel, garlic, thyme, salt and
- pepper. Set aside 1 tablespoon seasoning mixture for steaks. In a
- small saucepan, melt butter; stir in lemon juice and remaining
- seasoning mixture. Set aside and keep warm.
- Rub steaks with reserved seasoning mixture. Grill steaks, uncovered,
- over medium heat for 8-12 minutes on each side or until meat reaches
- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with
- reserved butter sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 341 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 43 g protein.