Thyme is a nice addition to this classic vegetable side dish. It's a snap to make for family, yet special enough to serve guests. —Kenna Baber, Rochester, Minnesota
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Place beans in a steamer basket. Place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large skillet, melt butter; add the beans, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Thyme Green Beans with Almonds in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p116
Reviews for Thyme Green Beans with Almonds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review