Thyme Chicken Marsala Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 small sweet yellow or red pepper, julienned
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup marsala wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Add flour and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper; shake to coat. Set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute carrot and yellow pepper in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic and remaining salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to two serving plates; keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink; place over vegetables. Add wine and thyme to the pan; cook for 1 minute, stirring to loosen browned bits. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 285 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 365 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Thyme Chicken Marsala
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.