Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring or almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 7-1/2 teaspoons assorted jams
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in the oil, vanilla and butter flavoring. Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. In a small bowl, lightly beat egg white. Dip each ball halfway into egg white, then into pecans.
- 3. Place nut side up 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Fill each cookie with 1/4 teaspoon jam; cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 84 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Thumbprint Cookies
"Really liked these, although we did not use the pecan/ egg white step. I also didn't have any jams. so we filled them with frosting. The kids loved them!"