- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring or almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 7-1/2 teaspoons assorted jams
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in the oil, vanilla and butter flavoring. Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. In a small bowl, lightly beat egg white. Dip each ball halfway into egg white, then into pecans.
- Place nut side up 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Fill each cookie with 1/4 teaspoon jam; cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Thumbprint Cookies in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p31
Reviews for Thumbprint Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2014
"Really liked these, although we did not use the pecan/ egg white step. I also didn't have any jams. so we filled them with frosting. The kids loved them!"