- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring or almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 7-1/2 teaspoons assorted jams
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in the oil, vanilla and butter flavoring. Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. In a small bowl, lightly beat egg white. Dip each ball halfway into egg white, then into pecans.
- Place nut side up 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Fill each cookie with 1/4 teaspoon jam; cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Thumbprint Cookies in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p31
Reviews for Thumbprint Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2014
"Really liked these, although we did not use the pecan/ egg white step. I also didn't have any jams. so we filled them with frosting. The kids loved them!"