Thumbprint Butter Cookies Recipe
Filled with a variety of fruity jams, these delightful thumbprints would be a colorful choice for a cookie exchange!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling YIELD:30 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves or fruit preserves of your choice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, oil, vanilla and butter flavoring. In another bowl, whisk flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- 2. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Press a deep indentation in center of each with the end of a wooden spoon handle.
- 3. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Fill each cookie with about 1/4 teaspoon preserves. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC