Throw-Together Short Ribs Recipe
"This recipe takes no time to prepare and results in the most delicious, fall-off-the-bone short ribs," writes Lamya Asiff of Delburne, Alberta. "The longer you cook them, the better they get!" TIP: "Serve them on a bed of rice," Lamya suggests.
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Add the ribs, tomato and onion. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC