Throw-Together Short Ribs
"This recipe takes no time to prepare and results in the most delicious, fall-off-the-bone short ribs," writes Lamya Asiff of Delburne, Alberta. "The longer you cook them, the better they get!" TIP: "Serve them on a bed of rice," Lamya suggests.
4-5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4-1/4 hours
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Add the
- ribs, tomato and onion. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until
- meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth;
- gradually stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high for 15
- minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.