Throw-Together Short Ribs Recipe
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Add the ribs, tomato and onion. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Throw-Together Short Ribs(6)
Sort By :
I am not sure if the stars will show up when I post, but they are not there for me to click on now for some reason. I give this 5 stars because it is so easy and so good. I usually cook it a little longer than it says. And I usually don't add the onion or tomato and it's great that way too. My family really likes this one!
I don't make short ribs very often, but when I do, I will pull out this recipe. Unlike another review, there was lots of flavor. I did add a tablespoon of worchestershire sauce as suggested by someone. I also let it cook for about 8 hours on low. The meat just fell off the bone. Delicious over rice.
Supper yummy, I really liked the fact that this recipe used fresh tomatoes and onions versus ketchup to make the barbecue sauce. This is really my favorite way to make short ribs. The Worcestershire sauce also gave it great flavor. I may add a little more next time. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. It's truly an amazing dish.
I've used pork ribs as well with this recipe, In this instance, I changed to chicken bouillon instead of beef. This is a really good recipe that isn't too tangy to handle.
I have looked for years for a great short rib recipe. This one is by far the best. My husband loved them. The meat is so tender!