- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled turnip
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green cabbage
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, celery, green pepper, turnip and carrot in oil for 7 minutes. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in cabbage and beans; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in turkey; simmer 5 minutes longer. Stir in the vinegar, salt and pepper; heat through. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Thrive-On-Five Soup
Sort By :
By omitting the green beans and turnip you omitted a lot of flavor -- no wonder you needed hot sauce -- but how much of it is a matter of personal taste.
needs hot sauce. lots of hot sauce. other than that it was pretty decent. i tripled the cabbage and omitted the turnips and green beans.