Three-Step Taco Salad Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 4 cups baked tortilla chip scoops, broken
- 8 cups shredded lettuce, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped, divided
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In a large bowl, layer tortilla chips, 7 cups lettuce, beans, half of tomatoes, olives, half of cheese and meat mixture. Top with remaining tomatoes, cheese and lettuce. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and salsa. Serve with salad. Yield: 10 servings.
1-1/2 cups with about 2 tablespoons dressing: 239 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 591mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Three-Step Taco Salad
"This is so pretty on the table. Everyone loved it! This is a keeeper! Thank you for sharing"
"This is so easy to prepare and quite frankly delicious...my mom says as good as any "full fat" version she's had!! I use less tomatoes because I'm not a fan and half the black olives and I add jarred jalapenos. Just made it for the 3rd time yesterday to take to a potluck at work...it went in no time flat!!"
"A very pretty presentation of a favorite! Thank you for the easy printing recipe.Megger"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.