Three-Step Stroganoff Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef top round steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium-hot heat in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, water and onion soup mix. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. Stir in sour cream; cook until heated through (do not boil). Serve with noodles; sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (prepared with reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup, reduced-sodium onion soup mix and reduced-fat sour cream; calculated without noodles) equals 250 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 521 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Three-Step Stroganoff
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.