This recipe came from a community cookbook that my mother gave me. The original called for ground beef, but we prefer it with sliced beef.—Joyce Key, Snellville, Georgia
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef top round steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium-hot heat in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, water and onion soup mix. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream; cook until heated through (do not boil). Serve with noodles; sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Three-Step Stroganoff in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p21
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Three-Step Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review