- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef top round steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium-hot heat in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, water and onion soup mix. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream; cook until heated through (do not boil). Serve with noodles; sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Three-Step Stroganoff
Sort By :
I have made this recipe many times, but instead of the cream of mushroom soup, I use cream of mushroom and garlic soup and beef broth instead of water. It gives it a better flavor.
My whole family loves this recipe. I have made it numerous times and it is always good.
I loved it, husband did not care for the onion flavor. I don't think it was that strong but the next time I make it will probably only use 1/2 pkg of onion soup mix.
When shopping before making this meal, we accidentally brought home a can of condensed beef vegetable soup. We used it in place of the cream of mushroom and it was delicious! We'll have to make it again with the mushroom soup.
My family loves this recipe - my four year old asks for this every week! And its sooo easy!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stroganoff >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >