"I based this flavorful stir-fry on a fabulous dish I sampled in a San Francisco restaurant," notes Amy Masson from Cypress, California. "It truly is a 10-minute main dish that looks and tastes like it took a lot longer."
Featured In: 13x9 Casserole Recipes
- 1 envelope stir-fry seasoning mix
- 1 package (16 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 ounces thinly sliced roast beef or other deli meat, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Prepare seasoning mix according to package directions; set aside. In a large skillet, stir-fry coleslaw in oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the beef, water chestnuts, tomatoes, sesame seeds and seasoning sauce. Cook 4 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Three-Step Stir-Fry in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p11
Reviews for Three-Step Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2011
"This in NOT haute cuisine...but it is yummy and super easy. It tastes wonderful for such an easy & quick meal. Add some rice to complete it."
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2010
"So easy and so good!"