Three-Seed Bread Recipe
"I sampled a wonderful gourmet bread during an out-of-town trip," says Melissa Vannoy of Childress, Texas. "When I got home, I tried to re-create it in my bread machine and came up with this hearty whole wheat bread chock-full of sunflower kernels, and poppy and sesame seeds."
- 2/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1 pound).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 84 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC