Three's-a-Charm Shamrock Soup Recipe
There's no better way to use up leftover St. Patrick's Day corned beef, cabbage and potatoes than to make a hearty soup. This second-time-around soup is one of my best.
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 5 cups water
- 3 cups diced cooked corned beef
- 2 cups chopped cooked cabbage
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. In a large soup kettle, bring the celery, carrots, potatoes and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup equals 132 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 818 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Three's-a-Charm Shamrock Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC