- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large saucepan, saute brown rice, carrots, onion and mushrooms in oil for 10 minutes or until rice is golden.
- Add wild rice, broth, thyme, and rosemary; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir in long grain rice; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and wild rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in apricots, green onions, salt and pepper. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with pecans just before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Three-Rice Pilaf
Sort By :
"This is now my favorite side dish.. I especially like to have it on the side of a fish main course. This is already the second or third time that I've made it and plan on making it plenty more times."
"Love, Love, Love this recipe. The Wild Rice and Mushrooms really make it. Everyone fights over the leftovers too. Highly recommend."
"Instead of the three different kinds of rices called for, I used Royal Blend, which is wild, brown and Basmati. It worked well. I liked this dish but my husband was just okay with it. Tasteful and healthy."
"Great!! I added more veggies and apricots than called for and that served as a starch-veggie side dish"
"I just made this today & we loved it."