Three-Potato Salad Recipe
"This picnic-perfect salad is among the most popular in our deli," Pamela Hershey notes from her family's farm market in Parkesburg, Pennsylvania. "Sweet potato and dill make a great combination."
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled
- 3 medium red potatoes, peeled
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and halved
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt, dill and pepper. Drain the potatoes; cube and place in a large serving bowl. Cool slightly. Add onion and dressing; stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Three-Potato Salad in Country Woman October/November 2007, p15
Reviews for Three-Potato Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Creamy Potato Salads >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Salad >
- Potato Salad Recipes >
- Red Potato Salad Recipes >