We love this creamy salad because it has sweet potatoes in it. When I bring it to parties, people are always commenting on how good it is and asking for the recipe. —Jill Fox, Wellington, Ohio
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup seeded chopped cucumber
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, green onions, celery, green pepper and cucumber. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, dill and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Three Potato Salad in Taste of Home A+ Recipes from Schools Across America 2013, p100
Reviews for Three Potato and Onion Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review