Three-Pepper Salad Recipe
Fresh-picked peppers form the foundation of this colorful salad from Joanne Nischuk of Lacombe, Alberta. "It's our favorite dish," she reveals. "If you can't find yellow peppers, use only red and green varieties. The salad will be just as pretty."
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) whole mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl or jar with tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; mix or shake well. Pour over salad. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 16 servings.
1 cup: 74 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Three-Pepper Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC