Fresh-picked peppers form the foundation of this colorful salad from Joanne Nischuk of Lacombe, Alberta. "It's our favorite dish," she reveals. "If you can't find yellow peppers, use only red and green varieties. The salad will be just as pretty."
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) whole mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a
- small bowl or jar with tight-fitting lid, combine dressing
- ingredients; mix or shake well. Pour over salad. Refrigerate for at
- least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 74 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.