Fresh-picked peppers form the foundation of this colorful salad from Joanne Nischuk of Lacombe, Alberta. "It's our favorite dish," she reveals. "If you can't find yellow peppers, use only red and green varieties. The salad will be just as pretty."
Featured In: 5-Ingredient Salad Recipes
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) whole mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl or jar with tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; mix or shake well. Pour over salad. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Three-Pepper Salad in Country Woman July/August 1997, p30
Reviews for Three-Pepper Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review